Implemented May 2018
1. The Types of Information We Collect
We collect information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you. This includes other data that may be associated with your personal information. If you visit the Listings Project site or use our services, we may collect the following types of personal information:
Information that personally identifies you (“PII”), such as:
- Contact information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, email address(es), telephone numbers, home or building addresses, or other addresses where you receive communications from, content of email communication in our support ticket system and via listing inquiry emails, on behalf of or through Listings Project.
- Financial and transaction data, such as encrypted credit card information and payment information.
Information that does not identify you, such as:
- Information that helps us to understand who is using our services and how we can improve them. This includes location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; occupation; internet service provider; mobile operating system and service provider; and demographic information (e.g., age, gender, interests). All of this information is aggregated and separated from any of your PII.
- Information on the transactions and interactions you have on Listings Project such as the pages you view, how long you view them or the type of browser that you view them from, and how you interact with the services generally.
These are examples of information that we may collect and is not an exhaustive list.
2. How We Use the Information About You
Listings Project uses the information you provide to improve our services to you and our larger community. We may use your personal information, without limitation, in the following ways:
- To provide user support and communicate with you;
- To deliver important administrative messages to you;
- To detect or protect against any errors or fraudulent activity, as may be required by law;
- To operate and improve our services;
- To recommend certain services or offers that may be of interest to you; OR
We will never sell or share your personal information to any third parties without asking for your permission beforehand (subject to exceptions contained herein).
In order to provide certain site functions through Listings Project, such as connectivity to your payment provider of choice, we may use third-party agents to process, route, or store your information, or to communicate with you. These third-party agents will act on your behalf in order to access and transmit your personal financial information when making purchases through our site.
Listings Project may collect, in the aggregate, information that does not identify you, which we may provide to certain third-party companies as part of market research. We will never share any of your PII as part of that data, nor will we share it with any other users, companies, or advertisers. All aggregate data provided to these third-party companies will contain only general geographic location, language, internet service providers, and mobile operating systems and service providers, and the collective activity data of those groups.
We may disclose any of your PII to law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties in the case where we:
- Must respond to any legal process or subpoenas;
- Must respond to any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights;
- Where we feel we must do so to protect the safety of our services, our users, or the general public; OR
- Wherever we are required to do so by law.
3. Use of Your Email Address
As part of our services, we use a support ticket system which may request additional personal information by email in order to include user listings in our service. You should immediately report to us any other emails asking for personal information that do not appear to be part of our support ticket system.
4. Information You Provide to Third Parties
5. COPPA Policy for Children Under Thirteen
Listings Project fully complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and does not intentionally direct any services at children under the age of thirteen (13). Since we do not at this time require any user to give us their specific age, it may be possible that children under 13 may access and use the service without our knowledge. However, if we determine that any user is under the age of 13, we will immediately suspend that user’s account and it will be that user’s responsibility to provide proof of age to continue use of the service. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can remove the information.
6. Cookies and Related Technologies
To provide a smooth and easy experience when you use Listings Project, we may use technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, server logs, and other similar technologies to automatically collect and store information. As you use our services, your devices communicate with servers operated by us and by our service providers to coordinate the interactivity and fulfill your requests for services and information.
For example, when you navigate to our website, Listings Project may place cookies on your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize when you return so that we can customize and create a more pleasant user experience for you. The information we collect using cookies helps us understand what our users are accessing most often so we can provide better services.
7. Control Over Your Personal Information
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please be in touch with us at email@example.com. While we can assist you in many ways, we may not always be able to delete records of past interactions and transactions as required by applicable law. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions. Once your account has been deleted, we may no longer retain any of your personal information unless required by applicable law. Your personal information may be removed or destroyed from our servers where possible, and it will never be sold or distributed without your permission.
Listings Project protects your information by taking reasonable steps to secure it against unauthorized access. We do this through encryption, physical administration by our staff members, and electronic measures. However, no security system or method is guaranteed to be safe from hackers or human error. We will contact you within 72 hours if we find any breaches in our security methods that in our sole opinion jeopardizes the security of any personal data.
9. EU Residents (GDPR)
Listings Project has implemented technical and organizational measures with respect to processing personal information from European Union individuals for purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Upon request, we will provide you with information as to whether and what personal data we store in relation to you. Should your personal data be incorrect, you may request to have it rectified. You may also revoke your consent to use your personal data in the future, in whole or in part, or request deletion of your personal data. Please feel free to direct such requests, or other questions and comments regarding our GDPR compliance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Notice to International Users Outside the EU
11. Changes in Ownership
12. California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Listings Project users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.
13. Modifications and Contact
If you have any questions about the modifications or any part of this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.